June 27, 2010

Trip Pictures.........

I had such a wonderful time on my trip to Minnesota!!!!! Learned a lot of new things about the Lord and what He has planned for me!

I was so blessed that the plane trip went smoothly (Thank you to all who were praying!)
We left the airport at 6am, so I got to see the sunrise from the plane!

A view of the sunrise out my window.........


Some of the fields we flew over on the way to Chicago.......
I thought they looked like a patchwork quilt. :)


On the way to St. Paul MN I flew over Lake Superior.
It is a little hard to see because of the clouds.......

While I was up there my friends hosted a mini missions training camp, which I attended.
It was such a great time!!!!
We got to spend a lot of time with the Lord, eat ethnic foods (we had Indian curry once that we got to eat with our hands!), fellowship, sleep in a tent and go without flushing toilets, computers, cellphones and showers (except for buckets) for a week!!!!!!
It was such a wonderful experience!

We also went on a lot of hikes down to the lake and to Itasca State park.
One of the hikes we went on we took at midnight down to the lake!!! The stars we so beautiful!!!

Here are some of the pictures I took while on our hikes.......

The Lady Slippers we beautiful up there!!!!!



This is the 16 story fire tower we climbed!!!!
The view from the top was breath taking!


The lake we hiked back to often..........




I'm not sure what these are, but I thought they were really pretty!
The were growing wild by the lake.







So many of the flowers were in bloom while I was there!!!



I love how the bark looked!!!
I think I took more pictures of it than the flowers! :)



So many ferns there.........






Minnesota is a beautiful place!!!!!


This is where the Mississippi River starts......

We were able to walk across it!!
After I stayed with my friends for 3 weeks I was able to visit on of my pen-pal friends for the first time!!! She lives in Wisconsin.
We were able to take a trip to the Mall of America, which was a lot of fun.
When I get my computer to load those pictures, I post them as well!!!!!
Over all the trip was such a refreshing time!!
Now that I am home I'm learning how to put into practice
all that I leaned there.
Please be praying for me as I sort out what the Lord has for me!!!
If you have any questions about the trip please ask I'd love to answer them!!!




5 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh, it looks like you had a wonderful and blessed time in Minnesota. It sure is beautiful where you were staying. I love the photographs of the bark! I've never seen anything like that! :)
Have a joyous day, dear friend! I look forward to seeing the pictures of you and your penpal!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Sonja Langford said...

It sounds as if you had a wonderful trip, Laura! I was wondering though, what exactly you learned at the camp? Was it a survival camp?

Glad you're back!

Blessings,
Addie

Hannah grace said...

I am so glad you had a great time and that every thing went well.the pictures are so pretty.i heard there was a tornado in Minnesota was it near where you were?

Blessings
Hannah

Laura said...

Thank you for the questions!!!!

Addie- It was kind of like a survival camp in a way! More like what you would experience if you went on to the mission field.
I learned alot about working together in community, how to be with the Lord on a deeper level and also how to find joy in all that you do!
Glad to be back!!!!

Hannah- Yes, the tornadoes touched down just south of us!!! The wind was blowing really hard, it knocked over several trees!

Unknown said...

So good to have you back, Laura! :-) The photos are gorgeous and it looks like you all had lots of fun! I'm sure you enjoyed meeting your pen pal and going to Mall of America. :-) Looking forward to your next post, as usual. :-) Blessings!