July 2, 2010

More Trip Pictures!!!

Here is the second set of pictures from my trip!!!!!!!


This part of the trip was spent with my pen-pal Michelle and her family.....


We went to the Como Conservatory in Minneapolis.

It was an indoor garden...

It was so pretty there!!!!
And it smelled great too!!!!


Loved the different verity of flowers they had on display!



Sorry this is sideways!

The spines on this tree were so neat I had to take a picture!







This was the outdoor Japanese Garden.



My favorite part of Como!

So peaceful!




This is the outside of the conservatory







Along the front windows, they had a lily pond with lilies of all colors!!!





The next day we went to the Mall of America!!!!!!

It was so much fun!!!


We were able to go to the Butterfly Habitat they had inside the mall!



It was really neat to have all the butterflies flying around you!!



Michelle and I with the butterflies......



LEGO Land!!!!!!



Found this fun store called Lush!

They hand make all their bath products.

This is the display of soap they had......


The Underwater Aquarium was really neat!!!!


I looked up once and saw this "face" looking at me!!!!!!


They had so many fish there......



I think the seahorses were my very favorite!



Or maybe the jellyfish!



We went to eat diner at Crave. Very tasty!

L-R: Michell, Candiss, Ruben, and Me!



The next day before I had to got home,
Michelle took me to the Fort Snelling National Cemetery

It was really sad to see so many headstones........







They went on for miles, with more behind those.
I had such a wonderful trip!!!!!
So thankful to my parents and brothers for letting me go!!!!!
Can't wait to go back for another visit! :)
How has your summer been?
Have you done anything special or gone anywhere neat?






3 comments:

Jenna said...

It looks like you have a wonderful and blessed trip, dear friend! I'm glad you had a fun time, and that you arrived home safely.
My summer has been great so far. We have had a nice and relaxing summer. We went to SeaWorld (in Orlando, Florida) in the beginning of the summer. I had a great time there! We don't have many other plans though for the rest of summer!
Have a blessed fourth of July, Laura!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

Shannon said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip, and the many exhibits that you visited look exciting. This summer has been very busy for me, but the Lord knows all the seasons of my life, and He knows when I need to slow down, and when to be busy.....
Have a lovely summer,
~Shannon~

Unknown said...

I love these photos, Laura! The butterfly exhibit looks like fun. And so did LEGO land. LOL We've had a relaxing summer so far, staying close to home. We live in Bermuda where most people visit us for vacation so we usually do stay-cations. :-)